Week 9: Ship's Boy





If I thought last week's reading was strange, then this week's reading was just bizarre. I never would have thought that a story about a furry would catch my attention, but low and behold here we are. The first book in a series of seven, Ship's Boy is a fun little tale of David Birkenhead. David is twelve years old and is training to run a starship when the Boyen Empire attacks.

David is a slavebunny that works for the humans. He has no choice but to become an engine working because career choice is reserved for the humans. While this makes for an interesting story what really sells the book is the idea that David can actually save his ship. The story seems like a furry fan fiction, but plays out more like a bildungsroman. The story also takes no time at all throwing you right into the action.

I said a lot of nice things about this story and actually found myself enjoying most of it. While I do not ever see myself reading a story about a furry again, this set of books has some potential.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One: Frankenstein

Assessment: Bloodchild

Week Two: Interview With a Vampire