Week 12: Bloodchild







We made it to week twelve and started talking about diverse position science fiction. I had no experience with this genre coming into this class. Science Fiction in general is a lot of fun to read and watch. I had high hopes for this class and it definitely paid off.

We read Bloodchild in class for this week. I posted a little bit about it earlier, but it does not hurt to reiterate. It is a story of sacrifice and survival. The characters are all named in some language that I had never heard before. It is about bringing an animal to be sacrificed allowing it to survive. The story needs to be made visual because it is difficult to follow. I was able to connect to the protagonist, but could not follow their journey. This was definitely one of my least favorite stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One: Frankenstein

Assessment: Bloodchild

Week Two: Interview With a Vampire