Week 11: Fragments of a Hologram Rose








This week, and all of the following weeks, was dedicated to a topic I knew very little about. We talked about cyberpunk. Cyberpunk looks like a lot of fun. I do not often get the chance to sit down and read a long story, especially one I knew very little about. I forced myself this week to dive into the genre a little more. I read the short story Fragments of a Hologram Rose by William Gibson.

My main complaint with the story was that it was too short. I was captivated by the idea that something so inviting as a rose could be so rejecting in the form of a hologram. The main character does not really tell the story so as much as he shows us the story. What I mean is that he is like a tour guide. He speaks about what is going on, but in reality we can see it happening right in front of us.

This week, being cyberpunk and all, I had to watch BladeRunner again. I have seen it so many times and it just amazes me every time. The film is so much fun. I have a great time with this film primarily because I find something new every time I watch it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One: Frankenstein

Assessment: Bloodchild

Week Two: Interview With a Vampire