Assessment: Bloodchild


Bloodchild is an interesting story of sacrifice and survival. The story is about a being who is tasked with bringing an animal to be sacrificed in order to allow them to survive. It was kind of weird to follow considering that each character had a name that I wasn’t not accustomed to. The story did leave a lot of room for interpretation. I feel like there is one giant metaphor here. I think the story is talking about morals more than anything as the protagonist is doing whatever is possible to live.

The story is very strange. Despite it being so strange I was able to connect with the story. Given the same circumstances, I think that I would react the same reaction. The protagonist was confused but obeyed. I feel like I always am like that. In this scenario I would probably being doing the same.

This definitely leads itself to be adapted into a short film. In order to do it we would have to make it more believable. I would change how the story flows. I think the story needs to be more straight to the point than it is. there are certain things in the story that are completely unnecessary. For example the scene in the kitchen seems a little extra.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One: Frankenstein

Week Two: Interview With a Vampire