Week 8: Anansi Boys




This week's reading was different for me. I don't often dive into the world of fantasy but Neil Gaiman is a fantastic author with a lot of credited works to his name. The one I chose to read was Anansi Boys. The story is unique in the sense that it is about Fat Charlie and how he interacts with a Spider. The spider uses a lot of humor in order to get his point across and Charlie seems to have a rather weird experience with this. In the end of the story the spider marries into the restaurant business and Charlie becomes a singer. The two also find out that they are related.

What's interesting about this story is the idea that these two are related. It makes for a nice little twist about midway through the book. Gaiman's style is unique to what I've read in the past. Fantasy is not my favorite genre of work, not by a long shot. However I did enjoy this book. It was a nice break from what typical fantasy is. I attribute all of that to Neil Gaiman. I look forward to reading even more of his work in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One: Frankenstein

Assessment: Bloodchild

Week Two: Interview With a Vampire