Week 7: Harry Potter

This week's topic has to be my favorite one so far. We are focusing on the idea of spiritual education. I absolutely love this topic. I grew up with the Harry Potter series. It was one of my favorite series of books and movies. As the series unfolded we were amazed as the story unfolded.

The Harry Potter series has to be considered in the discussion for the best series ever created, and to think that the series is based on such a simple idea. The whole idea of the Harry Potter series is based upon the idea of good and evil. There is a stereotypical hero who lives in the normal world and suddenly is thrust into a world of trouble as Voldemort and his friends attack. The story follows the basic heroic journey and continues to do that until the end when they return back to their normal world.

This week I failed to complete any reading assignment. However, I had the opportunity to sit down and rewatch the first four films within the Harry Potter series. The third one is still my favorite. It just amazes me how the special effects evolved over the course of the series.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One: Frankenstein

Week Two: Interview With a Vampire

Assessment: Bloodchild