Week 3: J-Horror

J-Horror is a completely different genre than anything I am used to. I have no previous experience with J-Horror. My whole life I have been living in the Western Hemisphere so I have only seen the western world's variation of horror. With that being said, J-Horror is really cool and a lot of fun. I enjoyed the Japanese ghost stories that I was watching throughout the week.
Something that I found interesting about J-Horror is that it revolves around the spiritual world as opposed to western horror which revolves around the physical world. The stories that I read were interesting and at times very weird. I think that this style of writing could be viable and succesful in film here in the United States.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One: Frankenstein

Week Two: Interview With a Vampire

Assessment: Bloodchild